OIL BARONS 2024 DREAM HOME RAFFLE
Raffle rules for the Oil Barons Dream Home
- Only 2000 sets of 10 for $450, 3250 sets of 3 for $250 packs, 5,000 of $100 single tickets available. Total tickets sold are 34,750. The NAAA has the right to move tickets around to other packages but cannot sell more than 34,750 tickets as per AGLC rules.
- People must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket. All sellers will advise adult purchasers not to write the name of a person under the age of 18 on the ticket due to requirements of the Public Trustee Act.
- Directors of the Northern Alberta Athletic Association are not eligible to participate in the winnings of the raffle on The Oil Baron Dream Home Raffle 2024.
- Ticket sales are restricted to within Alberta restrictions apply. Persons visiting from outside of province may purchase a ticket if the entire transaction of payment and receipt of ticket occurs while the person is in Alberta.
- The winning raffle numbers for all draws will be selected via RNG (random number generator). The draw does not have to be conducted live on any social media platforms. The draw will be conducted in accordance with all AGLC rules.
- All methods of purchase may not always be available. If the system experiences any technical difficulties during any event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the raffle (or any portion thereof), the NAAA reserves the right in its solo discretion to (i) cancel the Raffle; or (ii) suspend the raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereabout it will resume. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, the NAAA reserves the right, in its solo and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation and suspension.
- All tickets sales are final and ticket purchaser will receive a receipt via email after purchase that will list all ticket numbers associated with the purchased tickets. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and for which the raffle numbers on those respective tickets are entered into the draw cannot be refunded, including if a ticket was purchased in error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase. Make sure you wait and check your credit card statement before trying to repurchase. There will be NO refunds for multiple transactions made in error.
- Confirmation email with ticket numbers can take several hours to receive. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their email address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their tickets and should check their spam and junk email folders. The NAAA will not be held responsible for multiple purchases made if purchaser entered an incorrect email or attempted multiple times to make purchases.
- The NAAA may rescind, cancel, amend, or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the NAAA reserves the right to cancel, modify the Raffle and / or the Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the NAAA determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the raffle.
- No transfer of tickets – ticket purchasers may not transfer their ticket to anyone else prior to claiming their prize. There will be no removing names from purchased tickets or adding names to already processed tickets.
- Raffle ticket manager (RTM), their employees, members of their immediate family (a spouse, parent, son, daughter, brother, sister, or the spouse of any of these individuals) are not eligible to receive raffle prizes.
- No draw date extension will be applied for if/when ticket sales pass 20,000 tickets by January 1, 2024 upon AGLC approval. The NAAA (Oil Barons) have the right to extend the cut-off dates even if they choose to not extend draw dates.
- If all Oil Barons Dream Home Raffle tickets are sold out early, the NAAA will submit a request to the AGLC to request an earlier draw date.
- The Loyalty Draw, The Kickoff to Fall Draw, Cash for Christmas Draw and New Year New Money winning ticket numbers will be returned to the draw after each draw date.
- Prizes in the Main Draw (will be awarded in order of ticket number (e.g., House Prize 1st ticket drawn, 2nd Prize - 2nd Ticket drawn, 3rd Prize - 3rd Ticket drawn etc.) Tickets in the Main Draw will not be returned into the main draw.
- All prizes, Loyalty Draw, Kick Off to Fall Draw, Cash for Christmas Draw, New Year New Money Draw, and the Grand Prize - 1st –10th will be accepted as awarded. No cash value.
- The condition of the house is a new build. The rest of the prizes are cash prizes.
- The AGLC will be notified in writing by the NAAA of an unclaimed prize after three month of the draw date. The NAAA will request that the prize(s) be liquidated, money received will be donated to the NAAA for use by approved method with AGLC approval. The winner has a three months from the draw date to claim their prize.
- Tickets: After purchase no tickets will be accepted for a refund.
- Tickets will be issued in sequential order in series as follows single tickets Series A, three packs Series B and ten packs Series C.
- Tickets that are purchased as a pack cannot be separated into individual names. All names on those packs will be on all tickets.
- Only tickets that have been paid for, and verified as paid for, are eligible for the respective draw/s.
- Ticket purchasers will receive a ticket via email after purchasing unless no email is available it will be mailed. The ticket numbers will be listed on that ticket.
- All draws will follow AGLC rules and regulations and will be videotaped. The accounting firm of Meyers Norris Penny will conduct the audit and all draws. Two current NAAA Executive Officer will be present and witness the draw. All procedures set by AGLC will be adhered to. The entire drawing process will be taped for future reference.
- The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the tickets. If the ticket was not identified or any system failure with the RNG draw.
- The person conducting the RNG draw – pushing the button will not have any tickets entered or interest in the draw. The Person’s conducting the draw – pushing the button will be from MNP accounting firm.
- A list of winners will be published online at fortmcmurrayoilbarons.ca and www.oilbaronsdreamhome.ca. The NAAA Oil Barons Dream Home are not required to do any draw live on any social media platform.
- Tickets can be Purchased at the Dream Home, the Oil Barons Office at the Centre Fire By Phone 1-877-791-4496 or 780-791-4496, online at oilbaronsdreamhome.ca
- If tickets are purchased at any physical location, they fill out a receipt that is their name, address, phone number and email address and then paid for through the pos Moneris machine. It is then entered into the Nexus program and the ticket is emailed to the customer. If they do not have an email, we will mail out the ticket. They retain a copy of the ticket receipt and copy of their POS receipt, and we retain a copy of both. It is then entered into the nexus program and the ticket is emailed to the customer.
- When tickets are purchased online, they will complete the online form and enter credit card information. Ticket will be emailed out or mailed out if you do not have email address. All tickets come from the Nexus program approved by AGLC
- When tickets are purchased by phone the agent goes to oilbaronsdreamhome.ca website and fills on the information the customer and tickets are either emailed out or if the customer does not have an email mailed out. All tickets come from the Nexus Program approved by AGLC.
The draw dates will be as follows:
- Loyalty Draw cut-off (WestJet Vacations $5000 Gift Card)– September 24th, 2023
- Loyalty Draw - September 29th,2023 (Draw to place at 141 Cobblestone Bay at 12pm)
- Cut-off for Kick of to Fall Draw ($10000) - November 19th, 2023
- Kick of to Fall Draw – November 24th, 2023 (Draw to place at 110 Eymundson Rd at approx. 8pm)
- Cash for Christmas Draw Cut-off ($25,000) – December 10th, 2023
- Cash for Christmas Draw – December 15th, 2023 (Draw to place at 141 Cobblestone Bay at 12pm)
- Cut off for New Year New Money Draw ($25,000) – January 21st, 2024
- New Year New Money Draw – January 26th, 2024 (Draw to place at 110 Eymundson Rd at approx. 8pm)
- Cutoff for Main Draw - February 24th, 2024
- Draw for Main Draw - February 27th, 2024(Draw to place at 110 Eymundson Rd at approx. 8pm) schedule change due to hockey game being cancelled - it will take place live in studio at Play 103.7 at 11:15am
Draw times will be coordinated with the arena manager for times during a public function in any are happening on draw date (Hockey Game, concert etc.) Actual viewing of the draw will be accessible to anyone without cost.. If the Draw is taking place at the Dream Home 141 Cobblestone Bay, the house will be open to the public to view the drawing.
- Grand Prize Home will be transferred to the winner as soon as possible after the draw is made. We will not allow entry into the Dream Home before that time. Transfer of property can take 4 – 8 weeks.
- If a winning ticket stub lists more than one name, the licensee will award the
prize to any individual/s whose name/s is listed on the stub. The licensee or AGLC is not
responsible for resolving any disputes that may arise between different individuals.
- Any costs associated with the pickup or delivery of prizes are the responsibility of the winner. All
prizes will be distributed from the suppliers in Fort McMurray.
- Alberta Home Warranty is provided but the Dream home is as is at the time of the draw.
- All prize values include GST and values are as of the purchase date not the date of the raffle. Due to housing market fluctuations, the market value of real estate, prices may rise or diminish over time. The winner is not entitled to the difference, if any, between the stated and actual market value at the time the house is won.