2021 Lottery Rules
- Oil Barons Cash 50% Bonus Tickets go on sale August 21st, 2021.
- Total tickets printed 271,500 (1500 singles, 4000 5 packs, and 10000 25 packs).
- Price 1 for $10, 5 for $25, 25 for $50
- Prize: 50% of total ticket sales to a maximum of $307,500.
- Persons must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket. All sellers will advise adult purchaser not to write the name of a person under the age of 18 on the ticket due to requirements of the Public Trustee Act.
- Deadlines/Draw Dates: The Oil Barons Cash 50% Bonus ticket sales deadline is midnight February15th, 2022. The Cash 50% Bonus draw date is February 19th, 2022.
- The Oil Barons Cash 50% Bonus Grand Prize draw will be held February 19th, 2022, at the Centerfire Place located at 110 Eymundson Rd, Fort McMurray. The winning raffle number will be selected via RNG (random number generator). The draw does not have to be done live on any social media platforms. The draw will be conducted in accordance to the AGLC rules and if any COVID 19 rules apply. The accounting firm of MNP will conduct an audit of all tickets sold and tickets entered into the draw.
- The person conducting the draw _ pushing the button will have no tickets or interest in the draw. The person conducting the draw- pushing the button will be from MNP Accounting Firm.
- All draws will follow AGLC rules and regulations (COVID 19 rules will be followed at the time of the draws) and will be videotaped. The accounting firm of Meyers Norris Penny will conduct the audit and all draws. Two current NAAA Executive Officer will be present and witness the draw. All procedures set by AGLC will be adhered too. Entire draw process will be taped for future reference.
- Draw times will be coordinated with arena manager for times during a public function in any are happening on draw date (in conjunction with Covid 19 restriction if any are in place). (hockey
game, concert etc.) Actual viewing of the draw will be accessible to anyone without cost from the lobby of the hockey arena ( in conjunction with Covid 19 restrictions if any are in place.) If the NAAA is unable to hold the draw in public due to Covid 19 or other situations it will be witnessed by 2 people and recorded for the AGLC.
- All methods of purchase may not be always available. If the system experiences any technical difficulties during any event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the raffle (or any portion thereof), the NAAA reserves the right in its solo discretion to (i) cancel the Raffle; or (ii) suspend the raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereabout it will resume. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, the NAAA reserves the right, in its solo and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation and suspension.
- The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the tickets. If the ticket was not identified as inadvertently pulled or fell from the draw drum or any system failure with the RNG draw.
- The winner will be contacted by telephone and notified in writing by the Raffle Ticket Manager as to what they have won and where and how to claim their prize. The winner will be published on fortmcmurrayoilbarons.ca and www.oilbaronsdreamhome.ca
- Unclaimed Prizes: The prize winner has one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. In the event that a winner has not claimed their prize after a twelve month period from the final draw date and after several attempts have been made to contact that winner then that prize will be returned to the lottery management committee for other charitable use by the NAAA. With written approval from AGLC.
- The Official Oil Barons Cash 50% Bonus ticket (s) and Prize notification letter will be addressed to the primary ticket holder only and mailed to the address provided by the ticket purchaser. In the event that the winning ticket is held in more than one name, it is the liberty of the primary ticket holder to share winning information with those parties. Neither the NAAA, nor the AGLC are responsible for any disputes, which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket.
- Raffle ticket Manager and their employees and members of their immediate family (a spouse, parent, son, daughter, brother, sister, or spouse of any of these individuals) at not eligible to receive raffle prizes.
- Directors of the NAAA are not eligible to participate in the winnings of the raffle prizes.
- Ticket sales are restricted to within Alberta restrictions apply. Persons visiting from out of province may purchase a ticket if the entire transaction of payment and receipt of ticket occurs while the person is in Alberta.
- Persons must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket. All sellers will advise adult purchaser not to write the name of a person under the age of 18 on the ticket due to requirements of the public trustee act.
- All draws will be made as stated. An extension of draw date or cancellation of raffle would only be requested from the AGLC. The NAAA can extend the cut off date but not the draw date without permission.
- No transfer of tickets – ticket purchasers may not transfer their ticket to anyone else prior to claiming their prize. There will be no removing names from purchased tickets or adding names to already processed tickets.
- Only tickets that have been paid for, and verified as paid for, are eligible for the respective draws.
- Tickets will be issued in sequential order and in three series A,B,and C
- All tickets sales are final and ticket purchaser will receive a receipt via email after purchase that will list all numbers associated with the purchase tickets. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and for which the raffle numbers on those respective tickets are entered into the draw cannot be refunded, including if a ticket purchaser made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase. Make sure you wait and check your credit card statement before trying to repurchase no refund for multiple transaction made in error.
- Confirmation email with tickets numbers can take several hours to receive. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their email address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their tickets and should check their spam and junk email folders. The NAAA will not be held responsible for multiple purchases made if purchasers entered an incorrect email.
- The NAAA may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the NAAA reserves the right to cancel, modify the Raffle and / or the Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the NAAA determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the raffle.
Dream Home tickets are not required to enter the Cash 50% Bonus draw.
Deadline: February 15th, 2022
Draw Date: February 19th, 2022
Lottery Licence #575681